Our Memory Care program offers a safe environment for seniors with memory challenges. We aim to help maintain each person’s unique sense of self by honoring his or her life experiences. Care is based on Alzheimer’s Association guidelines to create a soothing, tranquil atmosphere that gives residents a sense of comfort, dignity, and well-being in a familiar, home-like setting.
A Safe Haven
Memory care residents live in their own private or semi-private apartment homes with plenty of space to allow families to decorate with cherished items and memorabilia to create all the comforts of home. Staff is trained to get to know each resident on a personal level so that every day is filled with activities that celebrate each resident’s own lifetime achievements, successes, and accomplishments.
- Brain health fitness
- Mental health care and counseling
- Life skill & memory stations
- Cognitive skills
- Sensory awareness
- Spiritual care
- Creativity expression
- Health promotion and exercise programs
- Bedside care for temporary illnesses, recovery from surgery, or accidents
- A planned social and recreational activities program including arrangement for utilization of available community and facility resources
- Assistance with bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, feeding, incontinence, walking, and activities of daily living.
- Assistance obtaining necessary medical and dental needs
- Housekeeping and maintenance services
- Personal laundry and linen services
- Continuous care by trained staff, supervision, and monitoring 24-hours a day, and observation for changes in physical, mental, emotional, and social functioning
- Medication management including assistance with ordering, safe storage, and taking of prescribed & over-the-counter medications in accordance with physician’s instructions
- Continuous communication with family, physicians, and other appropriate persons or agencies regarding a resident’s needs
- Pet therapy
- Inter-generational services
Thoughtful Individualized Care
Each resident’s days are structured with essential activities designed to provide a sense of security. Activities include a morning mental workout, physical activity, daily life skills, and activities to help tap into current skills and support successful experiences.
T.O.U.C.H. Caregiver Support
Our commitment to individuals with dementia extends to their families. We maintain communication with families to convey daily moments of success as well as updates on residents’ needs. Our T.O.U.C.H. Caregiver Support groups help family members cope with loved ones’ memory care needs. T.O.U.C.H. stands for Together Offering Unconditional Compassion & Healing.